|Red Cross Volunteers and Local 273 Firefighters of New Rochelle Fire Dept. going door to door to inspect and install smoke alarms for the community.
- With a historic storm about to hit the Greater New York area, over the weekend, the Red Cross urged residents to prepare for the storm.
- NYC Council member of the 7th District, Mark Levine recognized the Red Cross response to a fire on W. 144th street that left 3 families homeless with this tweet.
- Our colleagues in the North Jersey region responded to a massive fire Wednesday afternoon at Edgewater, New Jersey. The fire destroyed 408 apartments and left thousands homeless.
- Earlier that Wednesday, there was a tragic fire in Brooklyn. Our deepest condolences go out to family members of the deceased. The Red Cross was on the scene to help residents of the building with emergency assistance like food, clothing and shelter.
- On Monday, as part of Martin Luther King Day of Service, Red Cross volunteers went door-to-door to distribute fire safety and preparedness information in Brooklyn and the Bronx.
- Red Cross Club/Youth Volunteers also did their part by participating in a Mapathon, which was a part of the Missing Maps project who help map the world’s most vulnerable populations.