Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, AccuWeather posted this video on Yahoo!News how you can make a difference on Giving Tuesday by giving to the Red Cross.
- Regional CEO Mary Barneby and Long Island Chapter CEO Neela Lockel submitted notes of thanks to local papers in honor of Thanksgiving.
- On Instagram, we posted stories on how Red Crossers like Siobhan McGinley and Sanasa Kaba are using their language skills to help fellow New Yorkers in their work.
- We honored three dedicated volunteers with the Disaster Services Award at this year's Virtual Volunteer Recognition Event: John Keeler, Anthony Incorvaia and Alan Niewald.
- Last week, we posted on our blog about how Manhattan resident Katharine Ristich used her Red Cross training to save her 81-year-old dad's life.
- Last Monday, many Red Cross volunteers supported the Island Harvest and Nassau County food distribution for families on Long Island.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker, Blood Donor Ambassador, Pet Therapy Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- Dec 1: On #GivingTuesday, Volunteer New York will be hosting a livestream to raise awareness about the critical needs of local nonprofits and how you can support them. Our own Metro NY North Chapter CEO Stephanie Dunn Ashley will be a guest.
- Dec 8, 10: Prepare, Respond, Recover is a free virtual training about what you and your community can do when natural and man-made disasters strike. Register for an online session here.