|"Thanking & goodbye to our 30 FDNY heroes who are deploying to Puerto Rico for 3 weeks to help with the recovery efforts." -Ydanis Rodriguez
Over the last 7 days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 110 adults and 24 children following 46 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities (see below).
Last Week in Review
- We currently have over 207 local people deployed from GNY region to the hurricane responses in Texas, US Virgin Islands, Orlando, FL, Georgia, and now Puerto Rico.
- For a more personal look into these historic disaster responses, please follow: Daniel Delgado, Gary Chin, Ronnie Rigos, Doug Bainton/DART, Desiree Diaz and Brian Gerber.
- Greater NY CEO Josh Lockwood and volunteer Arturo Guzman share this special message for currently deployed Red Cross volunteers to keep their spirits up
- Travel alongside one of our amazing volunteers in Texas as they bring comfort and care. Thanks lohud for the great inside peak.
- Saturday we had the support of two amazing artists! Jenna Esposito sang during our Blood Drive at the 91st Annual Italian American Festival in Little Italy on Sunday. Alexa Joel gave a rockin performance in SouthHampton to support Hurricane Relief!
- The American Red Cross relaunched its Hurricane Harvey financial assistance program Thursday, September 21.
- We are proud to send off 30 Red Cross FDNY DART heroes who deployed to Puerto Rico for 3 weeks to help with recovery. After the initial hit they are safe and ready to continue helping!
- Many thanks Univision for partnering with the #RedCross in Washington Heights to support the families affected by recent disasters.
- Check out our Facebook Live Q&A with the Norwegian Red Cross President!
- Our Long Island CEO, Neela Lockel joined our NY Rep Tom Suozzi to bring awareness to the nonprofit sector in an effort to prioritize those in need!
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Sep 29; Oct 2, 3, 5, 6: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Oct 11: The American Red Cross Gala will recognize civic leaders and local heroes at the Museum of Natural History.
- Nov 5: Cheer on Amanda and Team Red Cross as they run the TCS NYC Marathon.