Red Cross volunteers participating in our 2021 Run for Humanity.
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 52 adults and 18 children following 34 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- We were so proud to see our CEO Mary Barneby and Long Island Red Cross volunteer Doug McNally live on PIX 11 News.
- During our Heroes for Humanity virtual event, we awarded Michael J. Jordan, U.S. Marine Combat Veteran, Lynn M. Jordan, and Connor J. Jordan with the 2021 Excellence in Service Award.
- We also shared a special thank you message from the board members and staff of the American Red Cross on Long Island for volunteers during our Heroes for Humanity virtual event.
- Early last week, we showed our appreciation for all of our chapter’s volunteers with a special program for National Volunteer Week.
- We congratulated all of those who participated in the 2021 Run for Humanity virtual 5K.
- Last Thursday we shared a video showcasing the work our Nassau and Suffolk County volunteers have done to support communities coping with emergencies amid the pandemic.
- Congratulations and thank you to GNY Red Crosser, Doreen, on completing the American Red Cross 75 Mile Challenge & thank you for fundraising to support the mission.
- We are actively recruiting for licensed mental health professionals to engage with individuals and families in an attempt to mitigate the pain and suffering after disasters. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- May 4: From the Death Star to Ewok treatment of POWs, join the American Red Cross as we celebrate Star Wars Day by exploring some of the biggest International Humanitarian Law issues in the galaxy far far away. Register here. Questions? Email IHLyouth@redcross.org
- May 5: Attend out Volunteer Information Session to learn about our open volunteer opportunities and how you can save lives by joining our team.