Red Cross volunteers working alongside partners to support Queens residents
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 55 adults and 10 children following 35 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, we kicked off National Volunteer Week!
- We were just so proud to see our long-time volunteer and friend Dottie Brier featured in the New York Daily News this weekend.
- Throughout the week, Red Cross continued to work alongside partners to support Queens residents displaced by the massive Jackson Heights fire on April 6.
- Saturday night, our volunteers assisted 3 families (9 adults and 3 children) with financial assistance, comfort supplies and other assistance following a fire in Hempstead, Nassau County.
- On Friday, we announced a partnership with the Fairview Fire Department to help #Endhomefires with fire safety education and free smoke alarm installation.
- Last week, we shared Emma’s good deed of creating a sensory garden to help others relax and ground themselves in hope of soothing their anxiety, depression and other sensory processing disorders.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Youth Preparedness Volunteer and Disaster Mental Health Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Apr 19: Register for our Heroes Run for Humanity Virtual 5k Run/Walk, a fun way to gather your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to walk or run this virtual event for a great cause.
- Apr 19: Sign up for our Ride for Humanity: 10K Bike-A-Thon! Ride 10 miles for a great cause!
- Apr 22: Join us for the American Red Cross Heroes for Humanity event recognizing civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.
- May 5: Attend out Volunteer Information Session to learn about our open volunteer opportunities and how you can save lives by joining our team.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.