|Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge lit red for #RedCrossMonth (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)|
Last Week in Review
- Celebrating Red Cross Month
- Thank you to Governor Kathy Hochul for helping to light many NY landmarks in red, like the Gov. Mario Cuomo Bridge and One World Trade, in honor of #RedCrossMonth.
- Thank you to Nassau County Executive Bruce Blakeman for recognizing our volunteers last Tuesday, and for lighting the Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building red in honor of #RedCrossMonth.
- Our Metro NY North Chapter CEO Stephanie Dunn Ashley shared a special #RedCrossMonth message in this week’s Greenwich Sentinel.
- The Fox Weather Team wore red to show support for Red Cross Giving Day.
- On Red Cross Giving Day, our volunteer Lipica Shah was on live Fox Weather to discuss first aid kits, preparedness and how viewers can get involved with the Red Cross!
- On Sunday, the Red Cross assisted 11 families, 25 adults/12 children following an apartment fire in Sleepy Hollow. Volunteers provided comfort supplies and financial aid for emergency housing and personal items.
- Last Wednesday, the Red Cross celebrated the 2022 Heroes Among Us Gala where we recognized civic leaders and heroic individuals like travel nurse DaKoyoia D. Billie, humanitarian Denise Littlefield Sobel, New York City Department of Sanitation employees Robert Febles and George Lesaine and corporate leaders Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP. Thank you to our sponsors for the successful event.
- On Sunday, one of our Good Samaritan Honorees, Robert Febles was featured in the Staten Island Advance.
- In our latest #MyRedCrossLife post, volunteer Henry Morgan discussed how COVID impacted his decision to join the Red Cross.