|Ribbon cutting celebration at the newly renovated Metro NY North HQ. (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)|
Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- News 12 Brooklyn reported on how the Red Cross provided assistance to tenants following a fire in Crown Heights on Sunday.
- Last Saturday, volunteer Margaret Sukhram had an in-person Citizen Preparedness presentation with over 30 participants.
- Last Friday, we published a video on how the Greater NY Red Cross continues to help communities affected by #Ida flooding.
- Last Thursday, the Metro NY North chapter held a ribbon cutting for the newly renovated Chapter HQ and new Jill and John Coyle Blood Center in Greenwich. The Greenwich Time and Patch.com also covered the reopening.
- For National Preparedness Month, we posted this super fun unboxing video going over all your first aid essentials.
- Red Cross volunteers like Linda Jo Diamond and partners like Mira USA have been providing services at Ida Service Centers all last week.
- For the 20th Anniversary of 9/11, we continued to published profiles of Red Crossers who responded at the time like Mike Emmerman.
- Bruno Costais, Ray Wark and Erin Phillips are running this year’s TCS NYC Marathon to benefit the Red Cross. Learn more about why they are running and support their efforts through their fundraising pages. If you’d like to join Team Red Cross, click here.
- Newsday reported on a fire in Lakeview on Long Island where the Red Cross assisted residents.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Sept 29: Join us for a virtual preparedness presentation—Prepare, Respond and Recover: What to do When Disaster Strikes—in partnership with NY State Senator Anthony Palumbo and NY State Rep. Harry Arora.
- Oct 5: Join us for a virtual preparedness presentation—Be Red Cross Ready: Get a Kit. Make a Plan. Be Informed.—in partnership with Selectwoman Jill Oberlander.
- We’re looking for volunteers to help staff disaster shelters, with a specific need for health professionals. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com.