|Region-wide functional exercise held over the weekend at the NYC office.
Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, team members from across the region gathered to hone their skills in a functional exercise at the NYC office.
- Last Saturday, News 12 reported the Red Cross assisting a family after a fire in the Highbridge section of the Bronx.
- Amazing Long Island Red Cross volunteers headed out into the community to install free lifesaving smoke alarms!
- The Long Island Red Cross held a meeting at the Brentwood Library to introduce the Mass care team and give updates on recent activities.
- We published a story on Red Crosser Maria Millan who has traveled the country to ensure that critical relief supplies are available to support communities in need after disasters.
- Continuing our recognition of Black History Month, we shared this video on one of the most significant volunteer leaders of the Red Cross, Gwen T. Jackson.
- Last Wednesday, we welcomed two Red Crossers from Croce Rossa Italiana/Italian Red Cross.
- Please check out our #RedCrossGala digital journal with all the honoree and hero videos, disaster response highlights and more.
- Last Tuesday, at an all-staff meeting, we celebrated Lallita and Shirley for their extraordinary service in the region and beyond.
- Feb 28: Join us via TEAMS for Even War Has Rules, a dynamic discussion of International Humanitarian Law (IHL), and how it governs armed conflict.
- Feb 28: Join us for a FREE information session to learn how you can uncover your Inner Hero by joining our volunteer team. Multiple opportunities, one lifesaving mission!
- Mar 25: In partnership with the Brentwood Public Library, the American Red Cross on Long Island will host Prepare Brentwood, a day-long community event featuring safety courses, family readiness training, service opportunities, refreshments, prizes, and more! Prepare Brentwood is free to the public and open to residents of all ages.