Last Week in Review
- As we close out what has become quite a surreal month of March, we wanted to take a moment to say thank you to our partners who took the time to recognize our volunteers for Red Cross Month. Here is a look back at some of our favorite posts from the last 31 days.
- On Thursday, we shared a new #MyRedCrossLife #StayAtHome Instagram post on Instagram. Lori Galen, an eight-year volunteer that serves in multiple capacities, shares how she adapts her Red Cross work to this new coronavirus reality. Drop some love!
- We shared info about our online lifesaving classes. Learn skills such as first aid and CPR. Here's a list of online courses that you can take while you’re social distancing.
- Last Tuesday, we launched a new recorded podcast episode featuring long-time Red Cross disaster mental health volunteer Dr. Thomas Hlenski, who talks about the emotional toll that coronavirus is having on us all and ways we can cope.
- Last Tuesday night, we responded to two 3-alam fires across New York City. These incidents are a reminder of the importance of fire safety. The Red Cross is encouraging families to use this time, while sheltering in place together, to talk about fire safety and practice fire drills. Click here for tips.
- From March 30 to April 5, BOSS donated 20% of online sales to the American Red Cross to help deliver our lifesaving mission during the coronavirus outbreak.
- We partnered with Budweiser in support of the heroes on the front line of the health crisis. Check out the campaign!
- Also, we joined forces with Energy Transfer in our giving day campaign. They matched every donation made during March 25th.
- Thanks to the support of thousands of people who donated $3,256,786, on Red Cross Giving Day for supporting our lifesaving mission supporting those who rely on us every day for help. Your Giving Day support was amazing!
- Deep gratitude and appreciation to Senator Luis Sepulveda, Senator Joe Addabbo, and Acting Queens Borough president SharonLee for making calls to our volunteers thanking them for their service and commitment to our mission during these challenging times.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker, Mass Care Team Member, Disaster Health Services, Volunteer Screener. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- April 7: Join us at our Virtual Volunteer Orientation which will take place online from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm.
- April 16: Join us at our Virtual Volunteer Orientation which take place online from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm.