|Many local Red Crossers like Caitlin have deployed down to Florida to provide hurricane relief.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 158 adults and 38 children following 52 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Watch CBS NEW YORK, PIX 11 and News 12 coverage on Red Cross volunteers being deployed to Florida to provide relief in the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
- We are so proud and grateful to all of our Red Crossers who have raised their hands over the past few months to support disasters across the country. Among them are Bruce Vesloski and Bob , Caitlin and Vivian and Nanci.
- Last Sunday, Assembly Member Karines Reyes tweeted an update about a fire on Commonwealth Ave in the Bronx, where the Red Cross assisted 3 families.
- Last Friday, members of the Greater New York Tiffany Circle of Women Leaders and Clara’s Council grabbed their ladders and drills to help install FREE smoke alarms in the Bronx.
- Last Monday evening, GNY American Red Cross provided emergency housing and financial assistance to a family after a fire on Edson Ave in the Bronx.
- The Long Island Press published photo highlights from the Heroes Among Us Gala featuring our amazing honorees.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Make a Difference and Fall into Service this Season. Volunteer Today as a Mass Care Team Member with the American Red Cross. During large disasters, you can support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter. Free online training will be provided, driver’s license preferred. Sign up today.
- BLOOD DONATIONS ARE VITAL for kids fighting cancer, patients waiting for critical surgeries, patients living with sickle cell disease & those who need blood to survive traumatic injuries. Give blood like lives depend on it – because they do. Sign up now.