|Red Cross in NYC Pride Parade 2023|
Last Week in Review
- Last Monday, we commemorated #WorldSickleCellDay, raising awareness of sickle cell disease, the extreme pain associated with it, and how blood transfusions can help.
- Monday morning, The New York Times and Forbes reported the Greater New York Region provided emergency housing and assistance to multiple families after a fire in Manhattan’s Chinatown.
- Together with NY State Assembly Member Brian Cunningham, the Red Cross will install free smoke alarms in area homes and provide fire safety education to families in their homes. To sign up, visit this link.
- Saturday morning, NBC 12 reported the American Red Cross' summer blood donation campaign. Sign up to donate here!
- Did you catch Richard, Azania, Jin, and Michael at Commodore Barry Park in Fort Greene, Brooklyn on Sunday? We are so grateful they were able to share important preparedness information during the community health fair.
- We had a great Sunday marching in the #pride parade in NYC. Thank you to all the volunteers who came out to march with us!
- Blood Donation Spotlight: After receiving blood as a child, Cadet Christopher Letarte is a senior at the US Military Academy Prep School at West Point, giving blood at every opportunity.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- June 28: Join the International Services team for Indiana Jones and the Law of War: a discussion of International Humanitarian Law. RSVP here!
- Vacation? Take your pick with one of these exciting auction items! Each vacation has been deeply discounted for you thanks to our generous donors. The auction closes Thursday, June 29 at 12:00 p.m. ET.
- NYC Civic Corps is accepting applications for an open AmeriCorps position. View the position details here.
- Become a Donor Center Phlebotomist at the Jill and John Coyle Blood Donor Center in Greenwich, Conn. Click here to apply!
- Join our team! We have an opening for a Donor Recruitment Account Manager for Rockland and Orange Counties. Apply here!
- Seeking a meaningful experience while serving others? Apply to our American Red Cross Civic Corps Program. Work on mission-critical projects in this 10-month national service experience in volunteer management.