|Celebrating volunteers at the Greater NY Volunteer Recognition Awards Ceremony.|
Last Week in Review
- Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those who lost loved ones to a tragic fire in Queens Village on Sunday. The Red Cross was on the scene to support affected families, neighbors and first responders.
- Bright and early Saturday morning, Red Cross Metro NY North board members, Hunter College students, and Red Cross disaster responders installed 139 smoke alarms in White Plains as part of the Home Fire Preparedness campaign. Thanks to all for helping make our communities safer.
- On Friday, rockstar Greater NY Red Cross instructor Lipica Shah talks backstage at the Dr. Oz Show about her upcoming CPR/AED segments. The segments aired Monday, April 24.
- Also on Friday, the Long Island Herald published an article highlighting the good work of the Home Fire Preparedness campaign helping to make communities safer by installing free smoke alarms.
- The Staten Island NFP Association also gave thanks to the Red Cross for helping to prepare local communities thought our outreach presentations.
- On Thursday, our wonderful community partners Tzu Chi posted this video about receiving the Red Cross Good Neighbor Award and the strength of collaboration.
- On Wednesday, the Greater New York Red Cross held its annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony celebrating our many wonderful volunteers who make a difference in the community every single day.
- Special thanks to our partners at Rallye Motors for hosting a party celebrating our centennial of service to Long Island!
- More than a week later, the Red Cross and other City agencies continue to assist residents affected by the 5-alarm fire in Queens (April 11). This Queens Chronicle feature highlights this on-going support.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Apr 26, May 1: Red Cross blood drive: 2 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- April 26: Help Families in Need for Red Cross Giving Day.
- April 26: Metro NY North Red Cross and Texas de Brazil have teamed up for a great event. Enjoy acclaimed Bodegas Salentein wines and an exceptional menu of appetizers crafted by Texas de Brazil. A donation of $30 from each ticket will benefit American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces.
- April 29: The Red Cross has begun the countdown to our Red & White Ball 2017! Join us to celebrate J.R. Martinez, NetJets and the Heroes of the Paris Train Attacks.
- April 29: Spin for a cause! Join the Red Cross Young Patrons for a Charity Spin Class at SWERVE Fitness Flatiron
- May 6: Want to become a part of the Red Cross Movement and help change the world one community at a time? Register to attend our volunteer orientation in Manhattan or in Goshen and learn about the many ways you can impact your community and make new friends by volunteering with the American Red Cross.