|Red Cross provided relief to 100+ families displaced by Tuesday's 5-alarm fire in Elmhurst, Queens.|
Last Week in Review
- On Saturday, volunteers from the Greater New York region devoted their day to installing smoke alarms in the Bronx as part of the #GetAlarmedNYC campaign.
- On Friday, the Red Cross continued helping those impacted by the 5-alarm fire in Elmhurst, Queens. At the service center set up in response to the fire, volunteers provided care for 100+ families who have been displaced.
- Also on Friday, The Long Island Red Cross celebrated our national partnership with the Harlem Globetrotters at Nassau Coliseum. Volunteers encouraged attendees to #RedCrossPasstheBucket and donate during halftime.
- On Thursday, the Long Island Red Cross continued their countdown towards the June Centennial Celebration, commemorating 100 years of Red Cross service on Long Island.
- On Tuesday, several Red Cross teams worked through the night to aid local residents affected by a 5-alarm fire in Elmhurst Queens.
- On Monday, we posted highlights on our blog from the Red Cross Volunteer Recognition Events for both Metro New York North and Long Island Chapters. One of the awards was the Pet Therapy Award, which went to Susan Henson and Douglas, her faithful black Lab therapy dog.
- Don't let severe weather catch you by surprise. The Weather Channel's Weather Red Report covers how you can prepare for emergencies at home.
- April 17, 19: Red Cross blood drive: 2 to 7pm: 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- April 17, 22: Want to become a part of the Red Cross Movement and help change the world one community at a time? Register to attend our volunteer orientation and learn about the many ways you can impact your community and make new friends by volunteering with the American Red Cross.
- April 19: The Greater New York Red Cross will be holding its annual Volunteer Recognition Event here at headquarters in Hell’s Kitchen.
- April 26: Help families in need on Red Cross Giving Day
- April 26: Red Cross Metro NY and Texas de Brazil have teamed up for a great event. Enjoy acclaimed Bodegas Salentein wines and an exceptional menu of appetizers crafted by Texas de Brazil. A donation of $30 from each ticket will benefit American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces.
- April 29: Red Cross NY has begun the countdown for Red and White Ball 2017! Join us to celebrate J.R. Martinez, NetJets and the Heroes of the Paris Train Attacks.
- April 29: Spin for a cause! Join the Red Cross Young Patrons for a Charity Spin Class at SWERVE Fitness Flatiron
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.