60 year Red Cross volunteer Ross Ogden in Hartford, Connecticut circa 1982.
Last Week in Review
- Last Wednesday we published a special three-part #MyRedCrossLife Instagram series highlighting volunteer Ross Ogden. Ross is celebrating an incredible milestone: 60 years of service with the Red Cross. Check out his full story here that we posted on the Red Cross website.
- Last week we featured disaster responder Garrison Harward as part of our “Three Questions” blog series.
- Tuesday, our volunteer Vivian Moy shared photos of the destruction caused by Hurricane Laura in Southwest Louisiana where she is deployed.
- We offered our Prepare, Respond and Recover training virtually on Thursday. This event was co-hosted by Senator Joe Addabbo, State Senator James Sanders Jr. and Denean Ferguson.
- We also held two Pillowcase Project virtual workshops for kids, in partnership with NY State Senators Monica Martinez and Anna Kaplan.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Ready Red Cross Shelter Volunteer and Hurricane Season Reserve Corps Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- Oct 27, Oct 28, Nov 9: The Pillowcase Project is a free virtual emergency preparedness education class that teaches children (ages 7-12) about emergency preparedness. Register for an online session here.
- Oct 26: Hurricane Readiness NY Volunteer Opportunities Information Sessions for new volunteers. Register for an online session here.
- Nov 10: Disaster Response 2020: COVID-19, Hurricanes, Wildfires Presentation co-hosted by Brad Kieserman, Vice President of Disaster Operations & Logistics for the American Red Cross. Register here.