60 year Red Cross volunteer Ross Ogden in Hartford, Connecticut circa 1982.
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 42 adults and 10 children following 32 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
Last Week in Review
- Last Wednesday we published a special three-part #MyRedCrossLife Instagram series highlighting volunteer Ross Ogden. Ross is celebrating an incredible milestone: 60 years of service with the Red Cross. Check out his full story here that we posted on the Red Cross website.
- Last week we featured disaster responder Garrison Harward as part of our “Three Questions” blog series.
- Tuesday, our volunteer Vivian Moy shared photos of the destruction caused by Hurricane Laura in Southwest Louisiana where she is deployed.
- We offered our Prepare, Respond and Recover training virtually on Thursday. This event was co-hosted by Senator Joe Addabbo, State Senator James Sanders Jr. and Denean Ferguson.
- We also held two Pillowcase Project virtual workshops for kids, in partnership with NY State Senators Monica Martinez and Anna Kaplan.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Ready Red Cross Shelter Volunteer and Hurricane Season Reserve Corps Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- Oct 27, Oct 28, Nov 9: The Pillowcase Project is a free virtual emergency preparedness education class that teaches children (ages 7-12) about emergency preparedness. Register for an online session here.
- Oct 26: Hurricane Readiness NY Volunteer Opportunities Information Sessions for new volunteers. Register for an online session here.
- Nov 10: Disaster Response 2020: COVID-19, Hurricanes, Wildfires Presentation co-hosted by Brad Kieserman, Vice President of Disaster Operations & Logistics for the American Red Cross. Register here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.