|Red Cross Responders assisting 25 residents after a fire on Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn. (Source: News 12)
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, the Home Fire Campaign team was in the Rockaways, braving the snow, with the FDNY to install free smoke alarms in peoples' homes.
- In honor of National Phlebotomists' Recognition Week, we want to highlight the amazing work done to help make a lifesaving impact in the world of blood donations.
- Last Friday, Patch.com and News12 reported the Red Cross has provided emergency housing and financial assistance to multiple families following a fire on Palmetto St in Brooklyn.
- The Bronx Times reported on a fire last Thursday on E. 176th Street in the Bronx where the Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 4 residents.
- First-time blood donor Anna White also shared her story about why she decided to donate blood after hearing about the national shortage.
- Each year on Feb 14, our team is honored to join with Stephanie Crispinelli’s family and community to celebrate her life and support children affected by disasters.
- For Valentines Day, we shared the stories of two Red Cross couples and how their connection to the Red Cross makes their relationship stronger: Jose and Craig and Leslie and Mitchell
- Last Wednesday, Brooklyn Paper and News12 covered the Red Cross response after a fire on Sutter Avenue in Brownsville, Brooklyn.
- Last Tuesday, News12 reported on Red Cross has providing emergency housing and financial assistance to 25 residents following a fire on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn.
- Last Monday, the Rockland Daily and Monsey Scoop covered how Congressman Mike Lawler and Chaverim of Rockland partnered with the Red Cross to install free smoke alarms to the community as part of the “Sound the Alarm” campaign.
- Feb 28: Join Kate Schlientz and Tara Rosenblum for a fundraising event saluting the American Red Cross New York Metro North Chapter at Red Horse by David Burke in White Plains.
- Feb 28: Please join us for “Be in the Know: Office of Ethics & Compliance Info Session” with Long Island's own Frank Favilla, Senior Investigator with the Office of Ethics & Compliance (OEC).
- Mar 6: Join us at our Manhattan HQ at 10:30am for a Town Hall Meeting with National Leadership featuring Trevor Riggen, President of Humanitarian Services, Anne McKeough, Chief Development Officer, and Koby Langley, interim DVP for the Northeast Division.
- Mar 6: Join us in Manhattan as the American Red Cross recognizes civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission at the annual Red Cross Heroes Gala.
- Mar 6: NYC Emergency Management invites you to the 12th Annual 'Community Preparedness' 2024 Symposium Path to Preparedness: Empowering Community Action.