|Long Island Heroes Among Us Gala was once again held at the Oheka Castle. (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)|
Last Week in Review
- Amid a flurry of global disasters, the American Red Cross is helping around the world.
- Last Thursday, we held our Long Island Heroes Among Us gala at the historical Oheka Castle.
- At the gala, we honored Suffolk County Sherriff Dr. Errol Toulon with the Humanitarian Award, Antonina Barry and Daniel Shea with the Good Samaritan Heroes Award and NY Cancer and Blood Specialists with the Corporate Leadership Award.
- We also gave a special recognition to Long Island volunteer Magnolia Chiri at the event.
- The Greenwich Sentinel helped welcome our new Metro NY North Chapter Board Chair and Board Members.
- Local Disaster Mental Health volunteer Catherine joined more than 190 trained Red Cross volunteers on the ground in Puerto Rico helping assess the damage and delivering emergency supplies to shelters where possible in the aftermath of Hurricane Fiona.
- Sep 28: Learn how to become a Disaster Action Team Responder in Westchester, Rockland County or Greenwich CT during this in-person information session.
- Make a Difference and Fall into Service this Season. Volunteer Today as a Mass Care Team Member with the American Red Cross. During large disasters, you can support the day-to-day activities within a shelter which may include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information, or other areas within a shelter. Free online training will be provided, driver’s license preferred. Sign up today.