|Long Island Red Cross Community Outreach
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, #LIRedCross participated at a tabling event at Legislator Sam Gonzalez Salsa Festival.
- Last Thursday, Council Member Crystal Hudson tweeted about the Red Cross connecting with 2 families after a fire on Carlton Ave in Brooklyn. The Red Cross provided emergency housing to them.
- Thanks to NYC Council Member Carmen De La Rosa for raising awareness for our upcoming Preparedness in the Park event.
- Thanks to our AmeriCorps team who were at Queens Borough Hall last Tuesday to help share information about how to prepare for local emergencies at Queens Borough President Donovan Richards’ Emergency Preparedness Session.
- Did you catch the great Q&A with our #LongIsland CEO in the Long Island Press?
- News 12 Bronx reported on the Red Cross urging families to prioritize readiness during National Preparedness Month.
- Sep 10: Are You Prepared for an Emergency? Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones by attending the FREE Emergency Preparedness fair in J. Hood Wright Park.
- Sep 21: Interested in volunteering with the Red Cross? Learn about volunteer positions with disaster preparedness, communications, volunteer services and much more at our upcoming Prospective Volunteer Information Session. Sign up and come listen, learn and ask your questions!
- Sep 22: The #RedCrossGala on Sep. 22 will recognize civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission. Purchase tickets today!
- Mental health professionals are needed for Red Cross disaster services. Share your compassion as a Red Cross Volunteer today by completing your application!