|Red Cross Blood Drive in Ossining, NY hosted by Senator Elijah Reichlin-Melnick.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross has provided emergency assistance to 106 adults and 26 children following 35 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Senator Elijah Reichlin-Melnick hosted a Red Cross blood drives in the town of Ossining, NY throughout last week.
- Last week, we announced the Humanitarian and Good Samaritan Heroes award recipients for our Long Island Gala in September.
- To commemorate Summer ‘22, the Bethpage HS Red Cross Club ended it with an entertaining Mets game!
- Last Thursday, we posted an amazing story of how Madison Engel saved her father with CPR after he collapsed on their driveway.
- Last Tuesday, News 12 reported on a fire in Williamsburg where the Red Cross provided financial assistance, water and clothes to 6 residents.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Aug 30: With the peak of the hurricane season fast approaching, Queens Borough President Donovan Richards will be hosting an Emergency Preparedness Session for home and property owners.
- Sep 10: Are You Prepared for an Emergency? Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones by attending the FREE Emergency Preparedness fair in J. Hood Wright Park.
- Sep 22: The #RedCrossGala on Sep. 22 will recognize civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission. Purchase tickets today!
- Saving lives is extraordinary & so are you. Let us thank you with a $10 e-gift card to a merchant you choose when you come to give blood, platelets or plasma in August! PLUS get a chance at gas for a year ($6K value)! Sign up & give.
- Mental health professionals are needed for Red Cross disaster services. Share your compassion as a Red Cross Volunteer today by completing your application!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.