|2019 Year in Review (Photo: Lisa Weatherbee)|
Last Week in Review
- Here’s a look back at a very busy 2019: Red Cross employees and volunteers delivered urgent relief to places far and near (don’t forget to look at the amazing photographs).
- Saturday night, the Red Cross assisted two families following a high-rise fire in Brownsville, Brooklyn as was reported by News 12.
- The ugly sweaters were out in full force last Wednesday night at the Long Island Young Patrons Holiday Soiree. Guests shared holiday cheer with one another and signed cards that will be shared with veterans on Long Island and military members on deployment.
- On Thursday, we held our holiday All-Hands Meeting for Greater New York.
- Last week, we met with New York State Senator Leroy Comrie to update him on Red Cross service delivery to his district and presented his office with a display of emergency preparedness materials for his constituents.
- Last Monday morning, a fire in Bohemia, Suffolk County displaced families of 12 apartments. The Red Cross provided emergency housing, financial assistance and referrals to those displaced.
- Last week, Lohud.com posted an incredible article about a family from Lake Caramel who lost their home to fire on Dec 3 and how smoke alarms saved their lives. They were so grateful, that less than a week after the fire, the father was going door-to-door distributing door hanger placards promoting the Red Cross Home Fire Campaign that installs free smoke alarms in the community for free.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Community Relations Ambassador, Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Emergency Communications Center, Volunteer Screener Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Apr 25: Save the date for the Metro New York North Red and White Ball!