|Red Cross Reception Center opened at P.S. 223 following major sewer backup in Queens |
(now moved to Courtyard Marriott).
Last Week in Review
- Following a major water condition/sewage backup in Queens on Saturday, the Red Cross opened a reception center for affected residents and continues to support dozens of residents with emergency housing.
- Also on Saturday, Red Cross Volunteers marched in the Huntington Holiday Lights & Sounds Parade on a float designed and built by volunteers!
- Did you know that there is a special memorial to Red Cross volunteers in Central Park? We blogged about it last week.
- Early last week, Senator Jim Gaughran invited the Red Cross to partner and offer our Sound the Alarm, Home Fire Safety campaign to his constituents. Together we can #EndHomeFire tragedies.
- We were proud to recognize IBM, a Red Cross Annual Disaster Giving Program partner, for their generous support of our humanitarian services.
- Our dedicated Service to the Armed Forces volunteers, Bob and Peter, represented the Red Cross during the Nassau County Veterans Winter Stand Down, where dozens of agencies came together to support our veterans and service members.
- Our team member Raul Rivera recently got back from the Bahamas where #HurricaneDorian devastated large parts of the country and was kind enough to answer 3 questions on our blog.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Spiritual Care, Emergency Management Agency Team. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Dec 3: Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast and Panel Discussion: Help the American Red Cross Long Island Chapter vaccinate 20,000 children on December 3, 2019
- Dec 3: This Giving Tuesday, the American Red Cross asks everyone to give something that means something by donating to the Red Cross. Your support provides comfort and hope!
- Dec 3: Come join our Virtual Volunteer Orientation via Webex to learn about how you can get involved with one of our many volunteer opportunities at the American Red Cross!
- Dec 11: Please join the American Red Cross Young Patron for a Holiday Soiree to support our Service to the Armed Forces on December 11, 2019.