|Long-time GNY Volunteer Georgine Gorra recognized by the IFRC for her service.|
Last Week in Review
- Many thanks to our Long Island Disaster Action Team volunteers who responded to a fire in Great Neck, Nassau County on Sunday to deliver emergency assistance to 2 displaced families.
- Last week, we uploaded a video update and blog post on how the Red Cross continued to support displaced residents from the Queens sewage backup and distributed clean-up kits to their homes.
- On Friday, we met with Chairman of the NYS Assembly Committee on Housing, Steven Cymbrowitz to give an update on our service delivery and shared our plan to partner with his office to offer Red Cross services to his constituents.
- On the same day, Westchester County honored the achievements of 76 outstanding senior citizens at the 37th Annual Senior Citizens Hall of Fame Awards Luncheon including our own amazing volunteers Rick and Nancy Stein.
- On Thursday, for International Volunteer Day, our very own Georgine Gorra was one of a few Red Cross volunteers from around the world recognized by the IFRC for their outstanding service. We could not be prouder.
- Listen to our latest podcast episode of "Humanitarians of NY" to learn what makes Conrad Meyer such a model for those who want to make a difference in the world.
- The Red Cross on Long Island hosted its 2nd Annual Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast on Tuesday to support the Measles & Rubella Initiative.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Community Relations Ambassador, Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Emergency Communications Center, Volunteer Screener
- Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Dec 11: Please join the American Red Cross Young Patron for a Holiday Soiree to support our Service to the Armed Forces on December 11, 2019.
- Apr 25: Save the date for the Metro New York North Red and White Ball!