Long Island Red Cross Volunteers in Montauk, as part of the Home Fire Campaign
(Photo: Lori-Ann Spaccarelli-Pizzarelli)
Last Week in Review
- Last Saturday, Red Cross on Long Island Volunteers Vivian Moy, Susie Kalimnios, Dawn Lucas and others installed 57 free smoke alarms in Montauk homes like this one. Good work everyone!
- Last Thursday marked the one-year anniversary of the Paradise, California #CampFire. We were proud to present a special podcast “Through the Fire” featuring survivors of the devastating wildfire, Abbie Gerspacher-Davis and Mary Petersen Ludwig.
- Last week, Red Cross volunteers took part in a tribute event for women who served in World War 1, including Red Cross volunteers, at a rediscovered memorial in Central Park. Watch NBC4 news story on the event.
- Last Wednesday, we host a volunteer fair with over 20 disaster relief organizations in the New York City area. Thanks to our photographer Barry Ritter.
- Red Cross volunteers were on scene of a fire last Wednesday in Yonkers that left six families in need of emergency assistance.
- Earlier in the week Red Cross teams assisted several families displaced by a fire in Staten Island.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Spiritual Care, Emergency Management Agency Team. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nov 13: Join us at the American Red Cross of Long Islands offices to learn about how you can get involved with one of our many volunteer opportunities. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Nov 14: Join the Red Cross Young Patrons for a night of conversation, drinks, live music and old Hollywood enchantment at the beautiful and historic Players Club on Gramercy Park. The Red Cross Young Patrons provides rising professionals with an opportunity to network with other socially-conscious philanthropists and help leverage the mission of the American Red Cross in the local community.
- Nov 21: Volunteer fair being held at Metro New York North, to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.