|Red Cross volunteers marched in the 100th NYC Veterans Parade (Photo: Lori-Ann Pizzarelli)|
Last Week in Review
- After a large fire on Ellsworth Ave in the Bronx, Red Cross volunteers provided assistance to seven families on Sunday.
- So proud of our team member Tiara Youmans who is currently in Greece with the IFRC supporting Global Refugee Relief.
- Last Thursday we met with Assemblywoman Rebecca Seawright to chat about joint activities and give her an update on our overall organizational state of readiness and service delivery. Big thanks for her support!
- CBS reported, on Thursday, on a fire on Livermore Ave in Staten Island where Red Cross teams assisted 3 adults and 2 children.
- Our volunteer photographer Kevin Suttlehan joined our Bronx Disaster Action Team on Tuesday and captured these great shots during their night shift.
- Veteran’s Day:
- Red Cross volunteers marched in the 100th NYC Veterans Day Parade on Monday. Pics by Lori-Ann Pizzarelli here!
- We shared the testimony of Carlos Blanco, a retired Bronx veteran who turned to Red Cross after a tragic home fire.
- On Friday, volunteers from our Long Island chapter, along with PSEG Long Island, honored a 98 year old veteran and installed smoke detectors in his home.
- Volunteer Elaine Biller shared some memories of her incredible experience in Solferino, this past summer at an annual Red Cross and Red Crescent gathering.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Spiritual Care, Emergency Management Agency Team. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Nov 19: Join us at the NYC Volunteer Fair to learn about how you can get involved with one of our many volunteer opportunities.
- Nov 21: Volunteer fair being hosted at Metro New York North HQ to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
- Dec 3: Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast and Panel Discussion: Help the American Red Cross Long Island Chapter vaccinate 20,000 children on December 3, 2019
- Dec 11: Please join the American Red Cross Young Patron for a Holiday Soiree to support our Service to the Armed Forces on December 11, 2019.