|Judy Audevard and her dog Lulu feature our latest podcast episode|
Last Week in Review
- Did you listen to our latest podcast episode? It features Judy Audevard, founder and president of the Hudson Valley Paws for a Cause. Learn about how her own pet opened her eyes to the healing power of dogs and how this changed the course of her life.
- Senator Robert Jackson is helping us #EndHomeFires and called on New Yorkers to get free smoke alarms from the Red Cross.
- CBS2 reported on two large fires in the Bronx where Red Cross teams assisted dozens of residents on Monday night (on Roger Place) and on Wednesday (on Baychester Ave).
- Big thanks to Assemblywoman Maritza Davila and Assemblyman Nick Perry for their support! Last week we met with them and discussed emergency preparedness, home fire safety and other critical topics.
- On Wednesday, our Long Island home fire prevention teams, alongside PSEG Long Island, installed more than 250 smoke alarms!
- Flu season is here. Be sure to check out these useful tips to stay safe that we shared last week.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Volunteer Recovery Caseworker, Engagement Volunteer, Disaster Spiritual Care, Emergency Management Agency Team. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dec 3: Sunrise to Save Lives Breakfast and Panel Discussion: Help the American Red Cross Long Island Chapter vaccinate 20,000 children on December 3, 2019
- Dec 11: Please join the American Red Cross Young Patrons for a Holiday Soiree to support our Service to the Armed Forces on December 11, 2019.