|Council Member Marjorie Velázquez co-hosted an online Red Cross training session.|
Last Week in Review
- Last Monday, Council Member Marjorie Velázquez co-hosted an online Red Cross training session on what to do when disaster strikes & Hands-Only CPR.
- Continuing our #BlackHistoryMonth celebration, we featured Frances Reed Elliott Davis who was the first African American nurse at the Red Cross, among her many accomplishments.
- Armed with compassion and determination in their hearts, our Home Fire Campaign volunteers, AmeriCorps members and interns conducted “rapid response” free smoke alarm installations in Staten Island and Brooklyn following fatal fires.
- Nationally over the past 100 days, the American Red Cross has responded to more than 80 large-scale disasters. Dozens of volunteers and staff from the Greater NY Region have deployed to support these efforts.
- Feb 15: Join us at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, NYC to honor heroes among us like Fritz Sam, Corion Evans and Davyon Johnson for their selfless acts. Purchase your ticket now! The Silent Auction is also open to all.
- Feb 28: Join us for a FREE information session to learn how you can uncover your Inner Hero by joining our volunteer team. Multiple opportunities, one lifesaving mission!
- Let 2023 be the year you bring hope to a neighbor by becoming a Red Cross volunteer. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can make a real difference in someone’s life after a disaster when they desperately need it most. Sign up to make an impact. #ResolveToVolunteer