|Wantagh Fire Department Explorers learning about fire safety and CPR.|
Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, Red Cross Training Services & Home Fire volunteers were at the Long Island MetroFire / EMS Expo talking to groups like the Wantagh Fire Department Explorers about #firesafety and getting #CPR #FirstAid certified!
- Last week for #BlackHistoryMonth we began to celebrate the vibrant heritage and significant contributions that Black Americans like Frederick Douglass have made to our country and to the Red Cross.
- Last Friday, the NY Post, ABC7NY and CBS NY reported on Red Cross assistance following a 2-alarm fatal fire on W. 180th Street in Manhattan.
- Congratulations to all the New York State Red Cross Legislators we honored this year during our annual advocacy trip to Albany! We are grateful for their partnership and support to help communities before, during and after disasters big and small.
- The Bronx Times reported on 3 devastating fires that struck the Bronx in the last month. As part of their coverage the paper spoke to Communications Officer Michael de Vulpillieres who provided updates on Red Cross assistance.
- To close out #NationalBloodDonorMonth, we featured Debbie, her daughter Loni, and Red Cross board member Lauren Walsh who all shared why donating blood is important to them.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- Feb 6: Council Member Marjorie Velázquez is co-hosting a virtual emergency preparedness workshop, Prepare, Respond, Recover: What to do when Disaster Strikes and Hands-on CPR.
- Feb 7, 28: Join us for a FREE information session to learn how you can uncover your Inner Hero by joining our volunteer team. Multiple opportunities, one lifesaving mission!
- Feb 15: Join us at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, NYC to honor #RedCrossHeroes for their dedicated service and commitment to the community. Purchase your ticket now!
- Let 2023 be the year you bring hope to a neighbor by becoming a Red Cross volunteer. As a Disaster Action Team volunteer, you can make a real difference in someone’s life after a disaster when they desperately need it most. Sign up to make an impact. #ResolveToVolunteer
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.