Last Week in Review
- Last Friday, we posted "Three Questions” with Red Crosser Vanessa Diez. Read our short interview to get to know one of our team members who helps carry out our humanitarian mission. A longer conversation with her is available on our podcast.
- Last week marked one year since we began releasing our COVID Conversations podcast series. Click here to listen to one of our seven episodes highlighting he impact the pandemic has had on the communities we serve. The idea was to recognize the stress and anxiety so many of us are feeling and to shine a light on those who are doing all they can to help.
- Last week, we also shared posted this story about long-time Greater NY Red Cross volunteer, Dottie Brier. It’s a great story about such a dedicated volunteer.
- Last week we thanked AIG Life & Retirement for their generous support of the Red Cross. With their assistance, we are able to help people impacted by disasters large and small.
- On Saturday, the Red Cross supported the funeral of fallen firefighter Jared Llyod who lost his life in the line of duty in Rockland County. Our hearts go out to his family and loved ones.
- Since Godzilla vs. King Kong was released last week, we shared our video with tips on how to prepare for Godzilla.
- Early last week our volunteers provided relief to 25 people from 9 households who were temporarily displaced by a four-alarm fire in the Bronx.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Youth Preparedness Volunteer and Disaster Mental Health Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com
- Apr 7: Tune into The Pillowcase Project: Emergency Preparedness Program for Children, a free virtual emergency preparedness education class that teaches children (ages 7-12) about emergency preparedness.
- Apr 19: Register for our Heroes Run for Humanity Virtual 5k Run/Walk, a fun way to gather your friends, family, co-workers, etc. to walk or run this virtual event for a great cause.
- Apr 19: Sign up for our Ride for Humanity: 10K Bike-A-Thon! Ride 10 miles for a great cause!
- Apr 22: Join us for the American Red Cross Heroes for Humanity event recognizing civic leaders and heroic individuals who embody our humanitarian mission.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.