|Long-time mass care volunteer Jessica Powers was the first of three Red Crossers from our region to deploy to the Buffalo area following last week's record-breaking snowfall.|
During the last 7 days, the Greater New York Red Cross has responded to 46 emergencies and provided aid to 102 adults and 40 children. Here are some highlights from the last week:
LAST WEEK IN REVIEW
- On Saturday, November 22, dozens turned to the Red Cross following 4-alarm fire that tore through several row houses in Brooklyn. Thanks to all who supported the response!
- Late Friday, three of our Greater New York volunteers were deployed to Buffalo to respond to the record-breaking winter storms. You can wish them well on our Facebook page.
- Late last week, we shared the story of a Brooklyn mom who will become a Red Cross volunteer after surviving a home fire.
- Red Cross Staff and Volunteers continued to transfer emergency supplies to newly purchased trailers and assess their their ability to off load these supplies during an large-scale emergency response operation.
- Recently, Rick Stein, our Red Cross Ambassador for the Governor's Preparedness Initiative took his show on the road to Iona College and our Westchester Girl Scout Troop 2897, based in Ardsley. Thanks Fred Stein and his wife Nancy Stein, they helped to bring our ABC's of Preparedness to life and a great time was had by all!
- Also out in Metro New York, on November 19, Port Chester Police have requested Red Cross assistance following a fire that has displaced four adults and three children. Our MNYN Volunteers setup a temporary reception center for families and provided emergency assistance.
- Mid week, the National Red Cross published a study that shows the impact that you can make this holiday season through social media.
- We also shared the Red Cross story of Lauren Lebowitz, who sang last month at our annual Red Tie Affair Gala. The Red Cross was able to help her family learn more about what to missing family members during the Holocaust.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.