|Red Cross staff and volunteers supporting 10K Marathon at Flushing Meadow Park.|
Week in Review
- Red Cross volunteers served as health spotters at the finish line of Sunday’s 10K marathon in Flushing Meadow Park.
- On Saturday, Red Cross volunteer Lupica Shah appeared on News 12 Bronx to share some great safety tips
- Longtime Red Cross volunteer Richard Sanford shows how he uses his Chinese language skills to help the community.
- Dexia Billingslea speaks on how her family turned to the American Red Cross after a devastating apartment fire tore through their Brooklyn home.
- On Thursday, the Korea Times and Korean Community Services of Metropolitan New York stopped by the Greater New York Red Cross to present a check to benefit Nepal Earthquake Relief. A special thanks to the Korean Community for their compassion and generosity for the people of Nepal.
- On Wednesday, the Pillowcase Project was taught to the Ardsely Boy Scout Troop, who had fun learning how to better prepare for emergencies.
- Earlier in the week, we picked up the keys of the newest addition to our Greater NY Red Cross vehicle fleet. Thank you Mazda for the generous donation!
- June 23, 25, 26: Red Cross blood drives; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- June 24: Before Wednesday’s game against the Phillies, the Yankees will be honoring the Red Cross in a pre-game ceremony. Keep an eye out for CEO Josh Lockwood and other Red Crossers out on the field!
- June 25: Volunteers will conduct follow-up appointments in Staten Island to install free smoke alarms as part of the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign. If you are interested in a full-time leadership position to help prevent home fires in New York City, check out the following listings: Regional Individual and Community Preparedness Manager, Operations Manager, Manager, Information & Planning, Lead Specialists for Brooklyn Operations and Bronx Operations.