|December 25 would have been our founder Clara Barton’s 200th birthday.|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 180 adults and 72 children following 58local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Over the past week, we celebrated the 200th birthday of Clara Barton, our American Red Cross founder. Learn more about how she has been the guiding force behind our lifesaving mission. https://rdcrss.org/30JZoYR
- On Christmas day, the Red Cross provided comfort and care to 11 families left homeless by a multiple-alarm fire on Elliot Ave in Yonkers. ABC7 reported on the fire and highlighted the assistance provided by our volunteers.
- In an interview with NBC New York this past Sunday, Mary Barneby, our Regional CEO, discussed the work of the Red Cross over these past 12 months.
- Following devastating tornadoes in multiple states in the South and Midwest, hundreds of Red Cross volunteers from across the country (including several from Greater NY) put their holiday plans on hold to help families who had lost everything. Check out this touching ABC News story.
- This past year, our volunteers, staff and donors have made a difference for tens of thousands. Over the past several weeks, we’ve been sharing some of our favorite images from 2021. Checkout the full collection here.
- Are you ready to turn your compassion into action? As a Disaster Casework volunteer, you will connect directly with people affected by disasters big and small to help them take the next steps in their recovery. Sign up here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.