Over the last 7 days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 89 adults and 25 children following 38 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities (see below).
Last Week in Review
- Yesterday, Red Cross volunteers helped train the employees of Atlas Air in Purchase, N.Y. on how to be better prepared for emergencies.
- On Saturday, Red Cross helped dozens of Brooklyn residents after an explosion and building collapse forced them from their homes. Thank you to all who are supporting this operation.
- Later that evening, Red Cross Metro New York North staff and volunteers opened up reception center in Monticello for 48 families who were temporarily displaced due to a 2-alarm apartment fire. Temporary housing and emergency funds were provided to 7 of those families.
- Hurricane Joaquin passed us by, but Greater NY Red Cross prepared for the possible outcome. Our colleagues from South Jersey to South Carolina are bearing the brunt of the storm and flooding.
- On Wednesday, teams of Red Cross responders assisted dozens of Bronx families forced to evacuate after a 4-alarm fire tore through their 5-story apartment building. A shelter was setup to meet their immediate needs and to provide support for their next steps towards recovery.
- One day later, the Red Cross was at the scene of the Bronx 4-alarm fire, assisting residents who were allowed back into their apartments.
- Always Be Training: Metro New York North Red Crossers held a tabletop exercise this week.
- Throughout the week, Disaster Cycle Services held their quarterly All-Hands meetings with each chapter in Goshen, New Hyde Park and Brooklyn.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Win a Deluxe Emergency Preparedness Kit by taking the online emergency preparedness training. You’ll be automatically entered to win. This contest is open to residents of New York City, Long Island, Orange, Sullivan, Rockland, Putnam and Westchester Counties. Four winners will be chosen each month (notified via email).
- Oct 5, 8, 9: Red Cross blood drives; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Oct 11: Community Partners Tzu Chi will be canvassing Flushing to install free smoke alarms as part of the Home Fire Preparedness Campaign.
- Oct 14: Greater New York will be hosting the American Red Cross Gala, honoring our heroes.
- Oct 17: On Saturday, volunteers and staff will gather throughout our region for our Full Scale Exercise – New York Shakes. In this exercise, we’ll confront the impact that this catastrophic event would have throughout our region. Whether you’re taking on a leadership role or exploring something new, this is an incredible opportunity to practice and to learn. Red Cross volunteers can sign up for a role here.
Bolsos Michael Kors OutletReplyDelete
Bolsos Michael Kors Outlet
Bolsos Michael Kors Baratos
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Rea
Sac Longchamp Pas Cher
Sac Longchamp Bandouliere