|Members of FDNY DART deploying to the south for Hurricane Dorian Relief.|
Last Week in Review
- We continued supporting those in the path of #HurricaneDorian. Our volunteers and staff members from NY and Long Island are on the ground helping to operate shelters, deliver food and provide mental health support. Members of our FDNY DART team also headed down to the Carolinas on Saturday.
- On Friday, we rang the New York Stock Exchange Opening Bell to raise awareness for Hurricane Dorian Relief. View more photos here.
- Red Cross volunteers assisted 10 families displaced by a home fire in Mt Vernon this past Saturday,
- Our team had a great Friday at Union Square Park explaining how the Red Cross assists with pets in disasters at the “Pets and Service Animal Preparedness” event, organized by NYC Emergency Management.
- Senator Diane J. Savino recorded a PSA on Friday to reach her constituents and help them to be prepared and more resilient in their homes.
- September is #NationalPreparednessMonth. Wednesday we participated in the kick-off event organized by NYC Emergency Management in Brooklyn.
- News12 reported a fire on Grand Concourse, the Bronx, in which Red Cross teams provided housing for three families last Tuesday.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Visual Storyteller, Disability Integration Volunteer, Transportation Volunteer, Recruitment Support Volunteer, Home Fire Campaign Volunteer, Emergency Communication Center Dispatcher. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sept 10, 25 26: Learn about the mission and vision of the American Red Cross and the many volunteer opportunities that are available for you at an upcoming Orientation Session in Long Island, NYC and Metro NY North! Some current opportunities that will be discussed include Disaster Preparedness, Response, Recovery, Home Fire Campaign, Communications, and more. Light refreshments will be provided!
- Sept 12: Each year, the American Red Cross Greater New York Region celebrates the dedication of our volunteers to the Red Cross mission to help prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies through our yearly Volunteer Recognition events starting in NYC.
- Oct 16: We will celebrate the 2019 Red Cross Heroes Among Us Gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, New York.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.