|Francesco Rocca, President of the IFRC, visited our offices last week|
Last Week in Review
- Our Long Island Chapter held its Annual Volunteer Recognition Event last Wednesday night. Congratulations to all the honorees!
- Senator Diane Savino joined our Sound the Alarm Program last week, inviting New Yorkers to set up an appointment with the Red Cross and get free smoke alarms.
- On Wednesday, we welcomed the President of the IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) to our offices.
- Check out this touching testimony of Carlos Blanco, who turned to the Red Cross earlier this month after a fire destroyed his apartment in the Bronx.
- Last Wednesday and Thursday we had orientation sessions in Long Island, NYC and Metro NY North for residents to learn more about our mission and our many volunteer opportunities.
- September was National #SickleCellAwarenessMonth, a condition that affects nearly 100,000 Americans. Learn about the disease and how to donate blood through the Red Cross.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Visual Storyteller, Disability Integration Volunteer, Transportation Volunteer, Recruitment Support Volunteer, Home Fire Campaign Volunteer, Emergency Communication Center Dispatcher. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October 16, 2019: We will celebrate the 2019 Red Cross Heroes Among Us Gala at the Ziegfeld Ballroom, New York.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.