|Senator Joe Addabbo joined Red Cross teams in delivering meals to elderly residents in the Rockaways.|
Last Week In Review
- As part of our #MyRedCrossLife Instagram series, we featured Mitch Kassel, who recently relocated to Florida and is now volunteering with the Fort Lauderdale Red Cross.
- Last Wednesday, Senator Joe Addabbo joined Red Cross teams in delivering meals to elderly residents in the Rockaways, in partnership with JASA.
- Here is how the Red Cross has been helping people during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- State Farm is challenging their employees, agents, customers, family, friends, and neighbors to schedule a blood donation appointment due to a critical blood shortage.
- Last week, volunteers distributed fruit boxes to Allen Hospital as part of the NYC Healthcare Heroes Initiative.
- Senator Robert Jackson and NYS Assemblywoman Carmen De La Rosa co-hosted a special emergency preparedness presentation for their constituents.
- We are grateful for Carolina Herrera’s Heart for Hope initiative and its generous support of the American Red Cross during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- Last week, Red Cross featured Gian Marco Delle Sedie who signed up to volunteer in order to make a positive impact on his community during COVID-19. Since then has deployed to Texas following Tropical Storm Cristobal, delivered food and supplies to hospital workers and helped a drowning boy in Far Rockaway.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Ready Red Cross Shelter Volunteer. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To find a blood drive near you click here.
- July 22, 29: Pillowcase Project is a virtual online program that teaches children how to prepare for emergencies. Register for an online session here.
- July 20, 21, 23, 28: Prepare, Respond, Recover is a free virtual online training about what you and your community can do when natural and man-made disasters strike. Register for an online session here.
- August 4, 27: Sheltering Volunteer Information Session covers how you can become a Sheltering Volunteer, so you can help during an active hurricane season in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.