|ABC7 recently aired their "Operation 7: Save a Life" safety special |
which featured two segments about the Red Cross.
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 184 adults and 78 children following 53 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- ABC7 recently aired their "Operation 7: Save a Life" safety special which featured two segments about the Red Cross. Click here to watch the entire program. Red Cross segments begin at the 13:45 mark.
- Last Friday, the Red Cross assisted 3 families displaced by a 2-alarm fire/explosion on Bay St in Gravesend, Brooklyn. Volunteers provided emergency housing and financial assistance. Fox5NY, ABC7 and Pix11 reported on the fire.
- Thank you to NYC Councilman and Public Safety Chairman Terence McSweeney for partnering with the Red Cross to help prevent home fires.
- Last Tuesday, the Red Cross joined Connecticut City Council Members at Greenwich hospital to highlight the national blood crisis. Greenwich Patch, the Greenwich Sentinel, and the Greenwich Time reported on the press conference and the need to donate. Learn more about how you can donate.
- For February, the Red Cross is celebrating Black History Month and the vibrant heritage and significant contributions that Black Americans have made to our country and to the Red Cross.
- Become a volunteer Home Fire Campaign Team Member and #savelives! As a member, you will install smoke alarms, educate residents, and more! Must be a licensed driver and comfortable using power tools. Apply today!
- RED CROSS BLOOD CRISIS: Amid all the other strains on healthcare providers, a Red Cross blood shortage is forcing doctors to make tough decisions about who receives blood transfusions & who must wait until more blood is available. You can help! Find a Red Cross blood drive near you by visiting rcblood.org/donate. For blood drives in NYC and Long Island, visit aabb.org.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.