|Comfort Kit & Red Cross Blanket for our Yonkers Kids|
(Picture: Caroline C. Sherwin)
- Visiting Nurse Service of New York Disaster Distress Response Program: Workshop
Licensed clinicians will be present to educate attendees on the common reactions and symptoms experienced by people who've been exposed to a single disaster event such as Superstorm Sandy. The workshop will take place at the Brighton Beach Public Library in Brooklyn on June 26 from 2-3 p.m. For more information, please contact Disaster Distress Response Program at (718)-888-6955.
- Our Metro New York North team assisted eight families (estimated 14 adults/16 children, a rabbit, a bird and a cat) on Saturday morning at the fire scene of a multi-family home in Yonkers. Volunteers met with four families at a temporary reception center, opened with the help of the Yonkers OEM. Click here for more details and pictures.
- The Red Cross provided disaster responder training to our volunteers. Watch the video above to see what it takes to become a volunteer disaster responder.
- Summer is here and it's time to go swimming! Read these water safety tips provided by the Red Cross to better prepare yourself and loved ones for a fun time at the pool and beach.
- The Bayside High School Red Cross Club traveled to Red Cross National Headquarters in Washington, D.C. at the beginning of June to participate in the International Humanitarian Law Youth Leadership Summit. Read the Queen's Chronicle article to find out more about the students' thoughts and experience on their trip to Washington, D.C.
- The Red Cross Volunteer Medical Spotter Team lent their support to the NY Road Runners 10k marathon in Queens on Sunday.
|Team Red Cross at NYRR Queens 10K|
(Picture: ARC Gold Pro Team)
Last Week in Review
- American Red Cross teams, including mental health staff, were on the scene helping those who needed it after a small plane crash in East Patchogue. Our hearts go out to all those affected by this tragic event.
- Our team provided emergency housing to three families affected by a fire on St. Marks Ave. in Brooklyn.
- Milestone: The Red Cross in Greater New York Facebook page now has over 20,000 likes and is still growing. We want to thank you for your support!
ayam bangkok mangon dapat anda saksikan di situs AGEN BOLAVITA yang merupakan agen judi sabung ayam terbesar di indonesia !ReplyDelete