|Red Crossers at the scene of Brooklyn fire on Saturday|
(Picture: Rena Silverman)
- The Fourth of July is this Friday. Check out our safety tips to ensure a safe long weekend for you and your loved ones!
- Disaster responder Paul Allright led a team to Ashford Street, Brooklyn, on Saturday and assisted families affected by a fire in a six-story apartment building. The team provided housing assistance to one household.
- Patrick DeOssie led a disaster response team to Somers Street, Brooklyn, on Saturday to help families displaced by a fire in a three-story apartment building. Red Crossers provided housing assistance to six households (6 adults/1 child). Five of the six affected families received financial help as well.
- A fire broke out on Teller Avenue in the Bronx. Red Cross responders arrived at the scene and assisted five families of five adults and three children; three households (3 adults/3 children) received temporary housing; all received financial assistance.
Last Week in Review
- On Thursday, Red Cross and Visiting Nurse Service of New York hosted a post-Sandy distress response workshop at the Brighton Beach Library in Brooklyn. Attendees listened to licensed clinicians as they discussed common reactions and symptoms experienced by people exposed to a single-disaster event such as Superstorm Sandy.
- Also on Thursday, Red Crossers gathered at New York City headquarters, at the Greenwich, Conn., training room, the Hawthorne, New York, training room, and the Mineola, Long Island, board room to cheer on the advance of U.S. Men's National Soccer Team to the next round in FIFA World Cup.
- Friday, Red Cross instructors appeared on FOX 5's Friday Good Day NY at 9:10 am, discussing water safety and CPR.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.