- Red Cross and Visiting Nurse Service of New York will host another post-Sandy stress management workshop in Babylon, Long Island, on July 15. Check our Facebook and/or Twitter feeds later this week for more information.
|Red Cross caseworkers met with families affected by the four-alarm fire in Brooklyn to provide assistance and support.|
- Red Cross disaster responders raced to Rockaway Parkway in Brooklyn at 2 a.m. on July 4th to provide assistance to over 100 residents after a four-alarm fire tore through several floors of a 71-unit building. The following day, Red Cross opened a service center at a nearby school where caseworkers met with families to discuss the next steps in recovery. Read more about the fire response here.
- The Metro New York North Red Cross helped a family of five adults and one infant during a fire on Brookdale Avenue in New Rochelle on June 30.
- The Red Cross provided two adults with emergency housing after a two-alarm fire ripped through a three-story building in Queens on July 2.
- Red Crossers distributed 200 flood clean up kits to residents in Sullivan County following a flood on July 2.