|Red Cross Volunteers teamed-up with Batman this weekend to|
help teach fire safety to attendees of the Big Apple Con.
Last Week in Review
- Over the weekend, the Metro New York North Red Cross chapter gathered to celebrate local volunteers. Thank you to all who came out to support the event and thank you to all who volunteer their time to make our mission possible in this region and beyond! View our Flickr gallery of the event here courtesy of volunteer photographer extraordinaire Matt LaMonica.
- Also over the weekend, Red Cross volunteers were out in force at the Big Apple Con and at the Staten Island Mall to promote and recruit for our Home Fire Safety Campaign.
- Last Friday, Metro New York North CEO, Mary Young, met with Assemblyman Gary Pretlow and Senator Andrea Stewart-Cousins to discuss preparedness as part of March is Red Cross Month.
- Also on Friday, we kicked-off our Measles & Rubella campaign in Greater NY, spearheaded by our Red Cross Club Youth volunteers. Special thanks to Jennifer Kerner, our guest speaker.
- Wednesday night, as a fire blazed in Peekskill, our volunteers were on the scene to help four families with emergency financial assistance, temporary lodging, food and clothing. Thanks to Assumption Church, we opened up a reception center for all impacted residents.
- Earlier that Wednesday, local Red Cross leadership met with members of several emergency response organizations from the Jewish community in Williamsburg. The meeting was held to build a stronger partnership that would better assist the community when local emergencies and large scale disasters occur.
- On Monday, we posted a special thank you to Rallye Motors for donating a Sprinter Van for our Blood Services division.
- The first week of March marked the beginning of Red Cross Month! As proclaimed by President Barack Obama, Red Cross Month is a time where “we renew our sense of common purpose and honor all those whose sacrifices have made our society more prepared, resilient, and united.”
- Mar. 9 & 11: Red Cross blood drive; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Mar. 10: The Brooklyn Nets will host an American Red Cross Awareness Night (versus the New Orleans Pelicans). For every discounted ticket sold, the Brooklyn Nets will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Red Cross. If 200 tickets are sold, the Red Cross will be honored with special halftime recognition.
- Mar. 12: This Thursday marks the one-year anniversary of the E. Harlem building explosion that took eight lives and left hundreds homeless. To mark the occasion, Red Cross leadership, alongside community and government partners, will attend a vigil for the impacted community. Click here for a snapshot of the Red Cross response.
- Mar. 13: As part of the Red Cross Home Fire Preparedness Campaign, volunteers will be out in Manhattan installing free smoke detectors and talking to residents about fire safety. If you’d like to volunteer, please contact Uikki O'Bryant.
- Mar. 14: Long Island Red Cross volunteers will be recognized at the Coral House in Baldwin, N.Y. from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Deborah Gibbons.
- Nov. 1: Looking to run the 2015 NYC Marathon? Did you know you could run with the Red Cross AND support our mission? Now is the time to join Team Red Cross!
KLIK dan CEK >> JADWAL KUNGFU CHICKEN SABUNGAYAMBANGKOKReplyDelete
Mainkan Segala jenis games judi online bersama Agen Terbesar BOLAVITAReplyDelete
Daftarkan diri anda dan teman anda bersama BOLAVITA
Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
whatup : 08122222995
Wechat : Bolavita
Line : Cs_bolavita