Via @kanhonglin, #TeamStatenIsland after a day of installing free smoke detectors in Rosebank. #firesafety pic.twitter.com/6XpwSi1Mut
— NY Red Cross (@redcrossny) March 1, 2015
Over the last 7 days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 198 adults and 93 children following 67 local disasters. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of some upcoming events.
Last Week in Review
- Did you know that yesterday marked the beginning of Red Cross Month? Lots of great events scheduled across our region over these next few weeks. Stay tuned!
- This past weekend, our Home Fire Preparedness Campaign kicked into high gear here in greater NY with nearly 150 free smoke detectors installed in the Bronx, Staten Island and Long Beach, N.Y. Big thank you to all who came out to help save lives!
- At our fire safety event in the Bronx, Red Cross volunteers lend a hand to an unlikely group of NYers. Here’s a hint: film at 11.
- On Friday, we shared the story of Carmen Allende, a woman who turned to the Red Cross late last year after a fire destroyed her Bronx home.
- Late last week,Catherine Lin along with her high school Red Cross club, donated 28 backpacks full of school supplies to the Red Cross. These bags will be donated to fellow students who recently lost all their processions in a home fire or other local disaster. Learn more about how you can form your own Red Cross Club at your high school or college by clicking here.
- On Thursday, Metro NY North Red Cross teams provided emergency assistance to 11 residents following a fire in Mount Vernon.
- On Wednesday, Red Cross supporters and staff on Long Island gathered to say thank you to Joe Stanco and Nick Toomey of Rallye Motors for personally donating a Sprinter Van to the Red Cross.
- Early in the week, we shared the story of Rick and Nancy Stein, Red Cross volunteers from Westchester who’ve been getting lots of NYers prepared for the unexpected.
- All month: Red Cross Month!
- March 4 & 6: Red Cross blood drive; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Click here to register.
- March 4: Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces team hosting lecture with The Veterans' Mental Health Coalition, 1pm to 4pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Learn more.
- March 6: Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces volunteers will provide information and support to service members returning from deployment and their family members in Westhampton Beach (Long Island). Learn more about our SAF program.
- March 7: Red Cross blood drive; 10am to 3pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Click here to register.
- March 7: Metro New York North Red Cross Volunteer Recognition Event, 10:30am to 12:30pm; Comfort Inn and Suites; Nanuet, N.Y. Learn more.
- Mar. 10: The Brooklyn Nets will host an American Red Cross Awareness Night (versus the New Orleans Pelicans). For every discounted ticket sold, the Brooklyn Nets will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Red Cross. If 200 tickets are sold, the Red Cross will be honored with a special halftime recognition.
Bolsos Michael Kors OutletReplyDelete
Bolsos Michael Kors Outlet
Bolsos Michael Kors Baratos
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Stockholm
Michael Kors Rea
Sac Longchamp Pas Cher
Sac Longchamp Bandouliere
bangkok ayam Live dapat di tonton menggunakan smartphone sekarang .. Langsung saja kunjungi Agen Bolavita sekarang juga !ReplyDelete