|Red Cross Volunteer Graham Austin featured on Instagram.|
Last Week in Review
- Early Thursday morning, the Red Cross responded to a 4-Alarm fire on Glenwood Road in Brooklyn. Food and support was provided to displaced residents and first responders on the scene.
- Later that day, we posted a portrait of Red Cross Volunteer Graham Austin with the hashtag #MyRedCrossLife on Instagram. Please follow us and share!
- We also shared an amazing story and video of how Officer Qiang Shi revived a teenager suffering a heart attack on subway platform with CPR. If you don't know CPR, it's never too late to learn.
- On Tuesday, we posted a video featuring Red Cross Intern Katie Lovett taking viewers on a disaster ride-along through Brooklyn.
- Volunteer Services is looking for volunteers to help with recruitment, engagement and management of volunteers.
- Sept 9, 11: Red Cross blood drives; 1 to 7pm; 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Sep 9: The Voices of September 11 is holding a Resiliency Symposium for mental health professionals and researchers/clinicians in the fields of trauma/bereavement, as well as 9/11 families, responders and survivors.
- Sep 18 and 25: The American Red Cross, in partnership with the Manhattan VA, is offering two "Resume Writing and Job Skills Training" sessions to assist military veterans looking for employment. Both sessions will run from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. The sessions will be held at the VA Manhattan campus, the deadline to register is August 28.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.