The new summer interns began their Red Cross experience by installing smoke alarms in Sheepshead Bay.
Last Week in Review
- On Sunday, the Greater NY region started gearing up for a heat wave, and Red Cross is here to help you stay cool with key tips for staying safe in the hot weather.
- There is officially 42 days to go until the Red Cross Mudders make their début at Tough Mudder Long Island. Support them today!
- On Saturday, the Greater NY Red Cross set up a region-wide full-scale exercise that mimicked a real-life disaster scenario.
- Citi has been supporting the Red Cross for 100 years. NY Red Cross CEO Josh Lockwood joined them to celebrate.
- Disaster Program Manager Daniel Delgado and his team were out in Charleston installing over 60 smoke/ carbon alarms!
- Long Island Red Cross volunteers were at the scene of massive fire in Happauge to provide emergency assistance for 14 displaced families.
- June 7th was Global Running Day, and Team Red Cross is warming up for the NYC Marathon on November 5th! To join them, sign up here!
- Long Island Red Cross spent the day installing fire alarms with the Home Fire Campaign.
- Long Island Red Cross and ZebraTechnology partnered up to make communities safer with a day of service.
- On Tuesday, Red Cross NY and Disaster Cycle Services teams held a table top exercise on how to respond to surprise disasters with no notifications.
- On Monday, the panel at the 2017 Disaster Volunteer Conference included Joann Galardy of the American Red Cross of Greater New York.
- It’s almost the 100th Birthday of the Long Island Red Cross, as well as the American Junior Red Cross. To celebrate, we’ve pulled together 100 pictures for 100 years. In addition, the Long Island Red Cross has been sharing bits of its history, including its role offering canteen services for soldiers during both world wars and how public health played a major role in shaping Red Cross chapters.
- Red Cross kicked off Monday with a big welcome to the Red Cross Summer Interns! The interns spent their first day installing fire alarms in Sheepshead Bay as part of the Home Fire Campaign.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- June 12, 14, 15 & 17: Red Cross blood drives will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross Building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- June 15: The American Red Cross on Long Island will celebrate 100 years of service to the Long Island community and recognize heroes from the community who embody the spirit of the Red Cross at its Centennial Celebration Gala at the Nassau Country Club in Glen Cove, NY.
- Aug 22-27: Do you like to volunteer? Do you like golf? If so, have we got an opportunity for you! Sign up today to volunteer at THE NORTHERN TRUST at Glen Oaks Club in Old Westbury. For $75, you gain daily access to the tournament for you and a guest, a logoed polo shirt & baseball cap, and much more. Plus, your efforts will support the mission of the American Red Cross. Learn more here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.