|Countess Luann de Lesseps from The Real Housewives of New York paid the Greater NY Red Cross a visit.|
Last Week in Review
- To date, we have deployed more than 282 local staff members (employees and volunteers) from the Greater NY region to the hurricane responses in Texas, the US Virgin Islands, Orlando, Florida, Georgia, and Puerto Rico; to Las Vegas for the mass shooting; and to California for the wildfires. Of these individuals 30 workers have deployed twice and 77 people remain assigned to operations. All others have completed their assignments.
- For a more personal look at these historic disaster responses, please follow: Stephanie Hagans, Joe Spaccarelli, Vivan Moy, Maria Milan, Ronnie Rigos
- Another wave of Greater NY volunteers landed in Sacramento to join the #CaliforniaWildfires relief operations. One of our GNY volunteers, MV Milan arrived home from helping in Georgia and Florida and headed right to California with a gratitude filled goodbye from Josh Lockwood! Thank you for your hard work!
- Countess Luann de Lesseps from the Real Housewives of New York (also a trained nurse) stopped by our NY Headquarters on Thursday to learn more about the local chapter. Josh Lockwood gave his thanks to Luann who volunteered down in Florida after Hurricane Irma!
- As of Wednesday, 1,263 displaced residents from Puerto Rico have been greeted by our NYC Red Crossers offering services and supplies at Terminal 5 at JFK to assist those who have been effected by Hurricane Maria.
- Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez hosted a Federal Town Hall Meeting on Tuesday. Thank you to Concilman Carlos Menchaca for supporting our mission!
- Mayor de Blasio announced the Hurricane Service Center opening in support of displaced individuals after recent hurricanes. Our NYC team will be stationed there at 1680 Lexington Avenue.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Oct 24, 25, 27, 30: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Nov 5: Cheer on Amanda, Anastasia and Team Red Cross as they run the TCS NYC Marathon to benefit the Red Cross.
- Dec 13: The Home Fire Preparedness Campaign will be in Brentwood on Dec 13 installing free smoke alarms from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For an appointment, please call 516-229-1086 or visit redcross.org/lifiresafety.