|"Thanks Michael Strahan and GMA for promoting Red Cross' Sound the Alarm fire safety campaign! #EndHomeFires “ |
- Josh Lockwood
Last Week in Review
- Last week, the Greater NY Red Cross continued to support disaster relief in Texas, the US Virgin Islands, Florida, Puerto Rico, and California.
- On Saturday, our Service to the Armed Forces team alongside Jet Blue provided hot beverages and snacks at the Veterans Day Parade and marched in the parade itself along 5th avenue! As part of honoring our veterans, we were proud to take a moment and profile one of our team leaders and veterans, Mauricio Serrato, on our blog.
- Josh Lockwood took on Good Morning America promoting home fire safety. He was joined by our very own volunteers and Long Island Board Members who shared how to #EndHomeFires. Thank you Michael Strahan and GMA for promoting our Sound the Alarm fire safety campaign! If you didn’t get a chance to watch, watch the full segment here!
- Hearts open as Red Crossers throughout the Region have been welcoming families from Puerto Rico at our Reception Center in East Harlem.
- In her first two days of stepping in for Josh Lockwood as the temporary Greater New York CEO, Rosie Taravella responded to a devastating fire in Yonkers and represented us at the Brooklyn press conference to promote emergency preparedness!
- Wednesday was a monumental day in Borough Park Brooklyn as we announced the Red Cross NY's partnership with Boro Park JCC to protect and save lives! News 12 Brooklyn was there to report the news. It’s amazing to see the residents of #BoroughPark committed to advancing fire safety. If you need a smoke detector contact BPJCC!
- Also on the same day, the Metro NY North Red Cross opened a temporary reception center following a fire in Croton-on-Hudson to provide food, comfort and emergency services to the 19 residents of the burned out senior complex. This is following another major fire response that took place in Yonkers earlier in the week.
- The Taiwan Center in Flushing Queens held it's annual Charity Event to benefit the Red Cross. Thank you for supporting our mission and the generous $10,000 donation for Hurricane Maria relief!
- Nov 15, 17, 20, 21: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Dec 13: The Home Fire Preparedness Campaign will be in Brentwood on Dec 13 installing free smoke alarms from 10 am to 1 pm. For an appointment, please call 516-229-1086 or visit redcross.org/lifiresafety.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.