|"Wendy helps the @RedCross install their 1 millionth smoke alarm! #EndHomeFires." -@WendyWilliams|
Last Week in Review
- Last week, the Greater NY Red Cross continued to support disaster relief in Texas, the US Virgin Islands, Florida, Puerto Rico, and California. We published a blog post “Notes from the Field” highlighting the work of our volunteers and employees on the ground as told from their own social media accounts.
- On Sunday, Red Crossers gathered to support the 2017 NYC Marathon event! Thank you to all who participated on Sunday as staffers and medical spotters to help to ensure a safe and fun event!
- Special thanks also goes to Team Red Cross who ran the TCS New York City Marathon and raised over $42,000 for Red Cross disaster relief!
- Also over the weekend, several families were displaced following a major fire in the Wakefield section of the Bronx. The Red Cross immediately responded to the scene.
- Thursday marked a major milestone for the National Sound the Alarm, Save a Life campaign. Our very own Craig Cooper was on hand as Wendy Williams installed our 1 millionth alarm!
- During her deployment to California for wildfire relief, Long Island CEO Neela Mukerjee Lockel thanked the community of Gurdwara Sahib Roseville for their support in the relief efforts.
- In the wake of Tuesdays’ tragedy in NYC, we wanted posted these coping tips for those struggling emotionally.
- We are still working with NYC Emergency Management to help families arriving in NYC from Puerto Rico and other hurricane effected regions. Thank you to all who are supporting this effort!
- The West Point Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers organized a Zumbathon to support hurricane victims! Thank you for including us in this wonderful event!
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Nov 7, 10, 13 15: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Nov 11: The Red Cross will be marching alongside veterans in the 2017 Veterans Day Parade on Saturday, November 11. Come and cheer the veterans and the Red Cross along the parade route on 5th Ave from 26th Street to 52nd Street starting at 11:15 am.
- Dec 13: The Home Fire Preparedness Campaign will be in Brentwood on Dec 13 installing free smoke alarms from 10 am to 1 pm. For an appointment, please call 516-229-1086 or visit redcross.org/lifiresafety.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.