|LI Red Cross installing free smoke alarms in Nassau County over the weekend.|
Last Week in Review
- We were so proud to see Newsday feature two incredible LI Red Cross mental health volunteers who were deployed to Parkland, Florida following the tragic mass shootings. These volunteers were two of the four from our region who deployed to South Florida.
- On Saturday, Red Cross staff and volunteers fanned out across to region to install free alarms in the Bronx, Croton-On-Hudson and in various towns in Nassau County.
- Thanks to the Rockland County Times for this wonderful article on Metro NY North Volunteers Nanci Banninger & husband/wife team of Brian and Linda McMullan.
- On Tuesday, 50+ high school students from across the region gathered at our Manhattan HQ to take part in the Missing Maps project.
- Councilman Deutsch thanked the Red Cross for working together to help our city’s veterans.
- Earlier in the week Newsday reported that the Red Cross helped relocate tenants following a fire in Westbury.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- If you’re a mission-focused undergraduate or graduate college student seeking a meaningful internship experience, then apply to our Red Cross Program—a rare opportunity to explore and enrich your future career prospects while serving others. Apply here: http://bit.ly/2x9lnqV
- Feb 26, Mar 2, 3, 5: Red Cross blood drives will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. at the Greater NY Red Cross building located at 520 West 49th Street, Manhattan. Schedule an appointment to donate today.
- Mar 1: Each year, the president of the United States proclaims March "Red Cross Month.” We use this month as a chance to honor and celebrate the everyday heroes who help us fulfill our mission.
- Mar 3: Celebrate Red Cross Month on Mar 3 from 11 am to 2 pm at the “Share the Red” Open House here at chapter HQ. Share the joy of service and fun. Your family and friends are welcome to attend! Active Red Cross Volunteers can RSVP here on Volunteer Connection. General public walk-in's welcome.
- Mar 4, 7: The Red Cross is partnering with JCCRP to bring a life-saving program to Queens: Smoke Detector Event and Information Session on March 4th and 7th at 7pm.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.