|The Gray family is one of the more than a dozen families
displaced by a major fire in Yonkers. (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)
Last Week in Review
- Way to go! Long Island Red Cross volunteers who installed 75 smoke alarms this past Saturday.
- On Saturday, our teams assisted three families affected by a fire on Wickham Ave, in the Bronx.
- Shout out to the 23 Mastercard employees who completed their Disaster Response Training last Wednesday in Purchase, New York.
- During the week we provided help and support after a major fire in Yonkers. Check out the testimony of the Gray family, one of the more than a dozen families displaced by the fire.
- New York State Senator Robert Jackson joined our efforts to #EndHomeFires last Wednesday. He went out to install free smoke alarms in his district.
- As a Red Cross Response Manager, Jefferson Lee has great responsibility. He helps engage the volunteers, schedule them and give them support, among other duties. Read about his experience in our Instagram series #MyRedCrossLife
- Back to school is just around the corner and the American Red Cross offers 10 ways to help make the trip back to the classroom a safe one.
Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Visual Storyteller, Disability Integration Volunteer, Transportation Volunteer, Recruitment Support Volunteer. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Calling all runners! Join Team Red Cross at #TCSNYCMarathon and help us be there when people have nowhere else to go after a disaster. There aren't many spots left, so sign up today: http://ow.ly/MbHK50vaByI