|Senator Brad Hoylman supported GNY Red Cross as we|
provided assistance to those affected by a crane collapse last Tuesday in East Village Manhattan.
Last Week in Review
- Shout out to our dedicated Red Cross volunteers who installed free smoke alarms on Saturday in Co-op City, The Bronx, and Wurstboro, New York. #HomeFireSafety #EndHomeFires
- Do you know about our Service to the Armed Forces program? Two of our volunteers explained the work they do to support military members, veterans and their families in this blog post.
- On Thursday, we had a great evening at Calissa in the Hamptons celebrating with our Long Island Young Patrons. Thanks to our guests, sponsor, and volunteers for participating!
- Our Red Cross volunteer Katie Constable believes that volunteering is a mutually beneficial thing. “Even though you are helping others, other people are also helping you”, she said in last week’s Instagram series #MyRedCrossLife.
- ABC7 reported last Tuesday a multiple-alarm fire on Pacific St in Brooklyn where our teams assisted dozens of residents.
- Red Cross Logistics and Response teams provided assistance and temporary housing to those affected by a crane collapse last Tuesday in East Village, Manhattan. Senator Brad Hoylman was also there to support.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Disaster Action Team Member, Mass Care Team Member, Citizen Preparedness Corps Presenter, Financial Statistical Information Team Member. Apply today at www.redcross.org/volunteer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.