|ABC7NY and the Greater NY Red Cross partnered for a #WeekofGiving Blood Drives. (Photo: Kevin Suttlehan)|
Over the last seven days, the Greater New York Red Cross provided emergency assistance to 93 adults and 23 children for 42 local disaster responses. Here are some highlights from last week and a preview of upcoming activities. (See below)
Last Week in Review
- Last week, ABC7 partnered with the American Red Cross in Greater NY and the New Jersey Red Cross for a Week of Giving to promote the need for blood donations. Thank you to all who came out to donate!
- Watch this emotional ABC7 story on how a Bronx mom is keeping the memory of her son alive through blood drives in his name.
- Late Thursday, we responded to an 3-Alarm Fire on Montrose Ave in Brooklyn where we assisted 22 adults & three children through the night with emergency housing, financial assistance, snacks, comfort kits as well as toys for the kids.
- We posted this touching blog post about Mark Healey, a Manhattan man who turned to the Red Cross after losing his home to a fire. The fire capped a tough year for Healy. Thankfully, our volunteers were there to help him recover.
- Late Monday, the Red Cross provided comfort items/snacks, financial assistance and emergency housing for 3 families following a brownstone fire on Monroe St in Brooklyn.
- Last week started off with a bang with NASDAQ inviting us to ring their Closing Bell virtually in honor of National Blood Donor Month.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Service to the Armed Forces Caseworker, Blood Donor Ambassador, Pet Therapy Volunteer. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Jan 28: Prepare, Respond, Recover is a free virtual training about what you and your community can do when natural and man-made disasters strike. Register for an online session here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.