|Red Cross volunteer Erica McKenna and her daughter supporting the need for blood drives.|
Last Week in Review
- The Red Cross provided financial assistance, emergency housing and comfort items to three families following a fire in Queens on Sunday.
- Newsday honored the 25th anniversary of downed TWA Flight 800 on July 17. The coverage featured Greater NY Red Cross volunteer Edward Hardy.
- On July 15, we live streamed a disaster preparedness seminar with New York State Senator Elijah Reichlin-Melnick.
- We congratulated our volunteers who are now ready to be deployed as drivers, having passed their training and received their certifications to operate our new Emergency Response Vehicles (ERVs).
- We concluded our summer safety video series with Lipica Shah with this video on swimming pool and water safety tips.
- We featured the story of Erica McKenna, a Red Cross volunteer passionate about blood drives and donations, whose infant daughter underwent 8 blood transfusions.
Upcoming Events and Activities
- July 21: New York State Assemblywoman Michaelle C. Solanges is teaming up with our Long Island chapter for a virtual disaster preparedness seminar.
- July 21: We’ll be holding an online volunteer informational session. Come by to learn more about what it means to be a part of the Red Cross.
- July 26, 27: We’re livestreaming back-to-back online hands-only CPR training dates co-hosted by Assemblywoman Jenifer Rajkumar and Senator Elijah Reichlin-Meinick.
- We are actively recruiting for the following volunteer positions: Preparedness Team members, Disaster Action team members and Disaster Workforce Engagement members. Apply today at redcross.org/volunteertoday! For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- The American Red Cross has issued a call for blood. We are experiencing nationwide blood shortages and are in dire need of donors to help us save lives. Find a blood drive near you today.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.